The Herb Garden Café's Fairtrade commitment
So far as possible, we use these Fairtrade products:
In Fairtrade Fortnight (2011) we are going to serve Fairtrade tea exclusively although it has to be bought retail. Our usual supplier of tea and filter coffee tells us he is converting to Fairtrade.
- Fairtrade coffee for cafetières in three strengths
- All the instant coffee (that's what we put in the milky coffee)
- all of the chocolate
- all the drinking chocolate
- several different speciality teas (Earl Grey, Assam and so on)
- most of the sugar
- all the bananas, so long as Fairtrade ones are available
We have sampled a lot of Fairtrade espresso coffees but so far none has been up to our standard. We are happy to try new ones.